Can you really buy car insurance for a day?
Absolutely, 24 hours short term car insurance cover like this is now becoming one of the most popular online products and not only is it cheap and easy to get hold of but it is actually a lot simpler for motorists buy than conventional yearly policies, owing to the much shorter application form.
What are the advantages of short term car insurance?
- It's online, so always available at the click of a button.
- It can be bought instantly - useful in an emergency!
- Cover is comprehensive, for your peace of mind.
- Breakdown cover is an optional extra
- No waiting for the documents to come through the post; they are made available online
- You can get a quote within a minute or so; a policy arranged and paid for within just a few minutes more.
- The car can be one that you own, have borrowed, or are lending to someone else, provided that no money has changed hands (ie hired cars are specifically excluded).
Would you qualify for temporary cover?
The only way to be certain would be to get a quotation. There is a minimum age limit of 19 and a maximum of 75 and you would need to hold a full UK or EEC licence; a few penalty points would not necessarily lead to a refusal. Applications can also be accepted from people with Australian, Canadian, South African, Zimbabwean, Gibraltan, Singaporean or a Hong Kong driving licence.
The vehicle to be insured must be registered and kept in the UK, and although driving through EEC countries is covered automatically (third party only; comprehensive as an optional extra), journeys must both begin and end in the UK.
It would have to appear on the approved list; no, you cannot select the nearest equivalent if the car you want to insure is not listed, but the majority of reasonably modern cars are included. And by getting a quotation you of course incur no obligation whatsoever.
Day insurance can be invaluable when you need it so why not get a quote right away!
carinsuranceforoneday.org.uk is a trading
style of Sheraton Abbey Ltd of Booths Hall, Booths Park, Chelford Road
Knutsford Cheshire WA16 8GS, which is registered in England, company number
9182879. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
(FCA) registered number 658189. Our permitted business is Insurance
Quotes are provided by Sky Insurance Services Group Limited with whom we
have a trading agreement only and who are authorised and regulated by the
Financial Conduct Authority no. 469048. We receive from them a commission of
£16 per policy purchased; this will not affect the premium you pay for your
policy in any way.